Join Our Pack – Cub Scout
Who can join?
A boy can join our pack if he:
- Is a Tiger: Completed kindergarten or in the first grade.
- Or Is Cub Scout: Completed first grade, but not completed third grade.
- Or is a Webelos Scout: Completed third grade, but not completed fifth grade.
- Cub Scout Application is the first step to register with our troop:
- A youth application, which will be handed to you upon joining, this application must be returned to the membership coordinator along with the fees as soon as possible.
- An Adult application, which will be handed to you as well upon joining. It is a decision by the pack committee to have at lease one parent/guardian to be registered from each family, to volunteer at least in one of the committee positions. This application must be returned to the membership coordinator along with the fees and the Youth Protection Training certificate (see below) as soon as possible.
- Health and Medical Record/Form:
- This form contains health history, medications, immunizations and emergency contact information.
- The form can be downloaded from our resources page and printed.
- Parts A and B can be filled by the scout parent or guardian, and to be returned to the membership coordinator as soon as possible.
- Part C is required at least one month before summer camp, and it must be completed by certified and licensed physicians (MD, DO), nurse practitioners, or physician assistants.
- This form is valid for one year only and must be resubmitted annually.
- Youth Protection Training:
- For all adult members, Youth Protection Training is required for all BSA registered volunteers, to have the most secure and safe environment possible for our youth members.
- Youth Protection training must be taken every two years. If a volunteer’s Youth Protection training record is not current at the time of recharter, the volunteer will not be re-registered, which may affect the troop activities and outings.
- The training is an online 25 minutes long course.
- Start here: http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection.aspx
- Upon Completion, please print and submit to our troop membership coordinator.
Registration and Subscription Fee Chart
|Term per month||BSA Youth/Adult Registration
|Pack Youth Membership
|Boys’ Life subscription fee|
|1||$ 2.00||$ 2.00||—|
|2||$ 4.00||$ 4.00||$ 2.00|
|3||$ 6.00||$ 6.00||$ 3.00|
|4||$ 8.00||$ 8.00||$ 4.00|
|5||$ 10.00||$ 10.00||$ 5.00|
|6||$ 12.00||$ 12.00||$ 6.00|
|7||$ 14.00||$ 14.00||$ 7.00|
|8||$ 16.00||$ 16.00||$ 8.00|
|9||$ 18.00||$ 18.00||$ 9.00|
|10||$ 20.00||$ 20.00||$ 10.00|
|11||$ 22.00||$ 22.00||$ 11.00|
|12||$ 24.00||$ 24.00||$ 12.00|
- Boys’ Life magazine subscription is optional.
- The BSA and Boys’ Life fees are nonrefundable. Pack membership fees may be refunded with the committee chair approval.
- To renew the registration and the membership we collect the new year fees by last week of October of each year.
- The pack fees is to cover equipment, storage, some events, ceremonies and trips, online tools, badges and adventure pins.
- Please pay fees by check, payable to “BSA Troop 12”.
Uniform & Handbook
It is the scout’s responsibility to purchase his uniform and his scout handbook from the the local scout shop or online. And here are the items he needs to purchase and its price (note that the price may not be accurate, and we are listing them here just to give you an estimate):
Note: There are different handbook and uniform for Tigers, Wolfs, Bears and Webelos. Ask the Cubmaster for details or ask for help at the scout shop.
- Scout Handbook ($13 – $20)
- Boy Scout Shirt ($25)
- Atlanta Area Council shoulder patch ($3.00)
- World Crest Emblem and Ring ($1.50) ($2.00)
- Troop (1 + 2) or (12) Numerals ($3.00)
- Boy Scout Shoulder Loops ($4.00)
- Neckerchief ($9.00).
This link contains information on where each uniform item should be placed on the scout shirt: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/33066_Section2.pdf
Optional Uniform: Cap – Belt – Pants
For more details contact us (Cub Master)